Friday, February 10, 2012

February 9, Week in Review

Our week has been full of great stuff; Ellie's 4th Birthday Party, cousins spending the night, trips to the park and school play yards, MOPS, tumbling class, small group, hosting a neighborhood dinner, and a Doctor's appointment.

Josie has four eye teeth that seem to be taking forever to come in.  There has been a lot of stopping whatever I am doing so that I can cuddle with her and then she is good for short time.  She has also started this new thing in the last couple of weeks when I am in the kitchen she will get between me and the cupboards and push against me while pushing against the cupboards so that I will stop and pick her up.  She is a very strong little girl and pushes with all her might.  She also is getting a "bit" frustrated when she wants something and you don't happen to understand what it is, there is lots of head shaking and she says the word NO very clearly.  This week we had some friends over for a play date they have a 4.5 month old that she loved.  She was very soft with her and wanted to hold her.  She looked so small while holding her!  It was encouraging seeing her be so gentle. 

Ellie wanted a princess party and the day prior to her party I was wanting to clarify what was important to her about her birthday.  I found out that her interpretation of a princess party was getting married to her cousin squishy at the party.  I suppose I should have clarified this prior to the day before the party.  I had to explain that would not be happening but we could play some games.  There were lots of tears and drama at this point so I decided it was a great time for a nap!  Once she woke up we were able to discuss the party in a much more mature way and plan accordingly!  She had a lot of fun at the party even without getting married!  Ellie also enjoyed having her cousins stay over this week, has loved playing outside in this great February weather, had a blast wearing her new ballet outfit and going to gymnastics, and has loved crafting!

I had an OB visit this week and the doctor let us schedule our c-section.  We are scheduled in the OR on April 25th (l0 weeks and 5 days from this post).  We now have appointments every two weeks and we will have an ultrasound at our next appointment.  We love getting the opportunity to "see" Maddie before she is actually born!

Enjoy pictures of our week!

Rapunzel's Braided Hair


Everyone got to make crowns with jewels.


Instead of pin the tail on the donkey we played hit Flynn with a pan!










Gymnastics at the YMCA.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love Josie's little pink outfit at the park! And Ellie looks so grown up. What an awesome family.

    ReplyDelete