Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

It's a new year and a fresh start!  Last year my goal was to be more creative and try to sew things I have never sewn before.  With a child that was 5 months last January and is only 17 months now and becoming pregnant at the end of summer not as much sewing happened the first 10 month of the year. I believe the only sewing I did the first 5 months complete a quilt and sew a top of a t-shirt quilt.  It wasn't until about Halloween that I started sewing again when I made Ellie a cape and appliqued an emblem to her shirt to be Word Girl for Halloween. Around Thanksgiving I finally started feeling more energetic and when I went to Montana at Thanksgiving time my mother and I put together several casserole carriers and I decided to start this blog with my first tutorial on the Casserole Carrier.  I have since then completed several projects that have been sitting around and I have even sewn a few things for the fun of it!

My Creativity Goals this year:
  • Write 2 tutorials a month
  • Open an Etsy account
  • Participate in a craft fair
  • Sew my girls matching/coordinating dresses
  • Complete some house projects (decorating) 
After writing my goals out last night I read my husbands blog this morning regarding New Beginnings and he posted this verse;

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.

How thankful I am that his mercies are renewed every morning and I don't have to be consumed by my failures.  Even if I fail in my attempt to be more creative this year I will not be consumed by failure for I know my God is compassionate and every morning is new!

The quilt I finished in April.  


Ellie in her costume giving her "stink eye".

Casserole Carrier
Felt Board


Christmas Tree

Gingerbread House

Yarn Wreath

Applique Tutorial

Breastfeeding Cover and Burp Cloth

Tyler's Quilt


    No comments:

    Post a Comment